Wednesday 8 January 2014

I went to see a Horror movie & got a lil body positivity

Hello lovelies! 
Today after work I made a date with a mate to go  and see the latest installment in the paranormal activity series. Please do not judge!! I love my horror movies and am on an unending journey to find one that'll scare the bejeasus outta me. While I enjoyed the movie,  mostly,  it was not the one to cost me a nights sleep.
However I did get something quite unexpected. For the first time in my life I got to see a real naked plus size chick in a movie. As well as that the nudity wasn't included for comdeic value.
Not for one second am I saying that the scene entirely promoted body positivity,  the young men who see the nudity make a joke or two and move on. But let's stay positive here there was a naked big girl on screen and it wasn't a joke, it wasn't to provoke disguist, it was just a part of the film. Isn't that such a positive step forward.  I'm sure nobody else took any notice but I was utterly thrilled to see it.
Why you ask? Because the sooner we get a wider representation of unairbrushed bodies in our media the sooner we can all develop a realistic beauty standards.  Imagine a world where you got a wider representation of the human body, wouldn't that be groovy!
Maybe Im missing out are there more movies out there that positively show a larger woman's body?.
XOXO
Priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment