Sunday 12 January 2014

Self Care Sunday

I love Sundays! Sundays are my lazy days. I do a little bit of housework and then I keep the rest of the day for myself. 
My tips for a feel good Sunday include. 

1- A full fridge, you really don't want to have to leave the house for any reason. 
2- When it is as miserable outside as it is today make yourself as cozy as possible. For me that's slippers, a fire and lotsa candles. 
3- Do the things that make you happy. - Read, Write, Be Creative, contact friends, watch tv do whatever it is you need to do to make yourself feel better. 

It's all too easy to get caught up in caring for others, looking after the needs of others and neglecting ourselves. I love nothing more than taking the time to be selfish. I know that if I don't take that time I become restless and miserable. There are a couple of things I like to do to make myself feel better. 

The first is a cup of herbal tea. Tea is my go to soother. 
For some background music I love Annie Macs Musical Hot Water Bottle.  My tattooist played this for me during one session and I have been hooked ever since.You will need spotify but it is free :)

I like to read positive uplifting blogs. If I reach a stage when even reading is a chore then I love nothing more than watching Amanda De Cadenet's the Conversation. 
The Conversation is a TV series but is also a website full of fabulous, feel good stuff that explores what it means to be female. 

The Conversation


Happy Self Care Sunday 
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment